Drum roll please..
The winner will be announced January 12th so plenty of time for debate.
So here is the list in all its glory. Marked in different shades of red are my favorites and my reasons why below:
- Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal and Togo)
- Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid and Argentina)
- Andrei Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg and Russia)
- Michael Ballack (Chelsea and Germany)
- Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus and Italy)
- Iker Casillas (Real Madrid and Spain)
- Deco (Chelsea and Portugal)
- Didier Drogba (Chelsea and Ivory Coast)
- Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona and Cameroon)
- Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal and Spain)
- Steven Gerrard (Liverpool and England)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan and Sweden)
- Andres Iniesta (Barcelona and Spain)
- Kaka (AC Milan and Brazil)
- Frank Lampard (Chelsea and England)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina)
- Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich and France)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United and Portugal)
- John Terry (Chelsea and England)
- Fernando Torres (Liverpool and Spain)
- Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid and Netherlands)
- David Villa (Valencia and Spain)
- Xavi (Barcelona and Spain).
If you can win La Liga, win the Euro and beat the supposed best keeper in the world with a magnificent save in a Semi-Final match then I think you can qualify for player of the world.
He won last year. He is amazing. But not as good as last year + injury stuff = probably not going to get it. Not really sure why I put him on here, if he wins it really will be by grace of god.
All my whining and bellyaching aside, the guys a genius, and many regard him as a favorite to win this reward.
My top 3: